Our program is a comprehensive program of eight full-day sessions* and a one-hour individual coaching session addressing the following topics:
* Due to the pandemic, we adapted our in-person program so that the material from each full-day session is now covered in two half-day Zoom sessions. We look forward to returning to our in-person class offerings in September 2021 in multiple locations, but the online version worked so well that we intend to continue to offer at least one online course option each year going forward.
The program also includes three self-discovery activities foster long-term skills development:
We use the framework of MVS and the SDI for many aspects of our training. More information about MVS and the SDI can be found here. MVS and SDI are copyrighted by Personal Strengths Publishing. Inc. (PSP). All rights reserved.
“Amazing class. No ‘fluff’ or trust falls. I like that it is effective by how much you put into it.”
– Sasha Vinton, Project Manager and Structural Engineer, RND Consultants
“Best training I have ever taken to improve myself. It helped me to understand what drives me.”
– Jeff Stearns, Operations Leader, Woodard & Curran
“Great program that will benefit me for the rest of my career.”
– Seth Soos, Project Director, Sanborn, Head & Associates
“Very useful! Very empowering. I need to have several of my staff take it.”
– Tasos Papathanasiou, Senior Associate/VP, Langan
“I love it! I share what I have learned all the time.”
– Louis J. Greco, P.E., Senior Engineer II, Tectonic Engineering Consultants, Geologists & Land Surveyors, D.P.C.
“Excellent and informative. I wish I could have had this years ago.”
– Stephen Sherwood, Resident Engineer, HVEA
“Really gave me a great outlook on my future.”
– Catherine Romano, Design Engineer, HVEA
"This course is wonderful. After doing this, I'm going to send a thank you note to my CEO and human resources manager as well as my boss."
- Candace Baker, Senior Project Manager, Langan
“I would rate this class 10+ on a 10 scale if I could! This class provided me all the necessary tools to be an effective, motivational, and confident leader. I've grown and developed tremendously since the first class and I would definitely recommend this class to any aspiring leader!”
– Jose Palao, Assistant Project Engineer, MFS Consulting Engineers & Surveyor, DPC
“I went into Odyssey not knowing what to expect, but fearing the focus might be on corporate/professional rah-rah self-congratulation (like so many YouTube videos out there). What I found could not have been more different. The amount of self-reflection and contemplation was something I hadn't had the time/desire/motivation/guidance to do in over 15 years. I am thankful for that opportunity and feel I have many more skills now to successfully lead myself and others."
– Timothy White, Project Director, Sanborn | Head & Associates, Inc.
We conducted several courses this past year via Zoom. We now offer most of our training courses in either online Zoom sessions or via in-person training (when and where it is safe to do so). We currently have in-person and remote courses open for registration (September 2021 start).
Please use the links below or connect with us through our contact form if you would like information about upcoming programs.
Registration for the 2021-22 Leadership classes is now OPEN. ACEC/NY is offering both in-person (Manhattan) and virtual class options for this coming year. Please visit ACEC/NY's website for registration information.
We SOLD OUT on BOTH online leadership classes that started in September 2020 for ACEC/NY's Leadership Institute, so please don't delay your registration!
We recently completed an online leadership class that started in September 2020 for ACEC/NH's Granite Flagship Leadership Program. Priority is given to participants from ACEC member companies. Information and registration information for the next ACEC/NH leadership course can be found on their website.
We recently completed a leadership class in Richmond VA with both in-person and remote attendance options. Information about the ACEC/VA enhanced leadership programs (as well as application forms) can be found on their website. We anticipate that the next in-person Virginia (Richmond area) program will start in September 2022.
We have facilitated versions of our leadership program for multiple associations and companies. Some firms make leadership training part of their strategic plans or to develop a deep bench for future succession plans. Please use our contact form if you would like information about how The Jennings Group can grow your leadership team.